Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crazy Busy

Imagine my surprise when I realized that I hadn't updated since Monday. I remember feeling extra energetic early in the week, so much so that I couldn't quite remember why I had felt so buried the 2 weeks before. But taking the energy I used to spend obsessing over food and spending it on something else does not actually give me more time. Plus, I went to the doctor twice this week (nothing wrong--just needed prescriptions) and had to work extra hours to make up the time. So I had some long days and an excess of aggravation (the second doctor's appointment shouldn't have been necessary, but I'll spare you the rant).

So the end result is that I spent Wednesday and Thursday evening on the couch with the hubby watching TV (like most people) instead of sitting at the computer, writing away. I don't mean just blogging--I'm changing careers to become a freelance writer and I can't even justify the time it would take to look and see if I've mentioned that here before. But I start working part time (5 hours a day instead of 8) the week after next and that'll give me more time to write (and breathe). Hopefully, I won't end up spending all of the extra time doing housework because I'm a woman and undone housework nags at me possibly even more than unrevised essays that need to be finished up and sent out by a certain date.

Roundups:
Exercise:
M, W, Friday: Check
Tuesday and Thursday: Not so much

Flossing:
Every day but Monday, when I forgot for some reason.

Food Guilt:
Every day. It feels really good and when I weighed myself on Wednesday, I'd lost 2 pounds from the previous Wednesday. And there was definitely less stress eating, because there was less stress. I'm still so busy I can't see straight, but it's a lot easier to get through it all when I'm not doing mental calculus every time I'm trying to decide what to eat. I think I may also be less hungry because I'm not thinking about food all the time. I'm looking forward to next week's weigh-in.

I'm also thinking I'll plan on one indulgent meal a week. Before, I could only have one if I budgeted for it. Which led to the situation where I live close to some of the best Indian restaurants in the city and hardly ever go to them because I can't afford all the cream sauce. Yesterday, we went to Shake Shack where I felt that the double burger was actually too much food. I get the double because in the past, I was still hungry after having a single. Next time, I'll go back to the single.

No comments: